Zaitess Shion
moumou
Snekkri
de angelis
59 participants

Page 20 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Suivant

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 20 Empty Re: [F1] Lotus F1 Racing

Message par lotusien Ven Mai 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Plutôt bonnes premières libres avec des pilotes et le team satisfait des progrès, aussi bien avec les pneux durs que les autres : plus grande facilité de conduite, meilleure stabilité à haute vitesse notamment. Il reste de l'affinage à faire sur le nouveau package, on verra demain en qualifs

A STEP FORWARD IN SPAIN
Barcelona, Spain 7th May 2010

Back in Europe at the Spanish Grand Prix and the first action on track saw Lotus Racing complete 85 laps in total, and finish the day closer to the midfield than in the first four flyaway races, demonstrating for the first time that the team’s upgraded car has taken the hoped-for step forward in performance.

Comments from both drivers and Chief Technical Officer Mike Gascoyne after the sessions reflected how the updates have helped both Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen push on track:

Jarno Trulli (Lotus Cosworth T127-03: 20 laps, 19th, 1.26.244 / FP2: 26 laps, 19th, 1.24.209)

“First day back in the car in Europe and I’m really happy with how we have progressed with the car. Obviously it’s still too early to assess it properly, but as soon as I got out on track I could feel that we had taken a major step forward. We have solved a number of the issues we had and we’re definitely in the right direction, so I’m really pleased for everyone in the team as they’ve put in a great effort to get us here.

“This afternoon we continued with the program and everything went really smoothly, on both the hard and the soft tyres. I must admit that I’ve been really pleased with the speed gain we’ve seen in the car and, again, that’s down to the work the team have put in with the car - all I need now is a little bit of luck, and a trouble free weekend!”

Heikki Kovalainen (Lotus Cosworth T127-01: FP1: 17 laps, 18th, 1.25.329 / FP2: 22 laps, 20th, 1.24.984)

“I’ve been really looking forward to being back in Europe and particularly here in Barcelona. It’s been great to see the grandstands already busy, and I’ve seen a load of Finnish flags out there. On track, this morning was a really good session and I’m very encouraged by the updates – they’re immediately working like we’d hoped. The car feels better to drive, the high-speed stability especially is better, and that’s what you get when the aerodynamics of the car improve.

“In the afternoon session it again went pretty well. There’s a couple of things we need to have a look at, but it felt good on both tyres and I think the upgrades have worked so we can be very happy about where we are.”

Mike Gascoyne: “Basically it was a good day’s work. The drivers have been very happy with the updates and we’ve been making adjustment to the improvements on the cars throughout the day to help us fine tune the updates. There’s a fair bit more time to come from the new package, and everyone in the team has worked very hard to get us to this point, so it’s great to hear such positive feedback from the drivers. Now we’re looking forward to building on this performance tomorrow and seeing where we are in qualifying.”

Ends
[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 20 Espagn13

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 20 Espagn12

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par Venom Ven Mai 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Very Happy

Elle pète le feu la Lotus

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 20 248

Dans les deux séances, la première Lotus met une seconde a la première Virgin.

Sinon je préfère de loin la nouvelle combinaison

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 20 221_medium

Le diffuseur a un peu évolué (l’étage a été agrandi et équipé de gurney flaps. Le rez de chaussée a été retouché et il a reçu deux ailettes verticales supplémentaires )

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 20 _bilde14

Venom

Message par Zelkin Sam Mai 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Une seconde pleine d'avance sur Virgin ce matin, et une seconde de retard sur Liuzzi, ça progresse!!!

Admin

http://www.nextgen-auto.com

Message par lotusien Dim Mai 09, 2010 8:25 am

A GOOD DAY IN THE SUN
Barcelona, Spain 8th May 2010

Saturday’s Spanish Grand Prix qualifying session started with bright sunshine, and Lotus Racing enjoyed an excellent session, closing the gap to the midfield they’ve now set their sights on, and moving further away from the new teams they’ve led throughout the 2010 Championship. The team’s in their performance was reflected in the comments made by all the key team figures.

Jarno Trulli (Lotus Cosworth T127-03: Qualified 19th, 1.24.674, 10 laps)

“A pretty good qualifying session today. The result itself hasn’t changed, but we have significantly reduced the gap to the cars in front. Yesterday I had better pace, so I’m not that happy with my performance today, but we now have a good gap to our direct competitors, and can start thinking about taking on those in front, which is thanks to the guys in the team. We still have a lot of work to do, and I think there’s even more to come from the car, so let’s see what happens tomorrow.”

Heikki Kovalainen (Lotus Cosworth T127-01: Qualified 20th, 1.24.748, 10 laps)

“I think it was a good session today and I’m happy. We achieved all the targets we set ourselves and we can see the gaps growing in the right direction – nearer those in front, and further away from the other new teams. We won't have these kind of upgrades every weekend, but I think the car will get quicker and quicker and we'll keep improving all the time. For the race tomorrow I think we can do well and I'm looking forward to being out there and seeing what we’re like on a long run.”

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer: “It was an excellent session for the team today, and a very good job by both drivers. Jarno has been a bit less happy with the balance of his car today than in practice yesterday, but still put in a great performance, whereas Heikki felt the balance had improved. Overall, our times today show how the package we’ve brought to Barcelona has helped us move ahead, so we can all be very pleased. Now we’re all looking to close the gap to the teams ahead, and take the race to them.”

Tony Fernandes, Team Principal: “I’m really very happy. We’ve talked a lot about Barcelona, so turning that talk into results has been important and we have clearly made a big step forward. I think we’re about a second and a half away from the established teams, and obviously pulling away from the other new boys, so hopefully that speed, with consistent reliability, will see us able to challenge higher up the grid. It’s obviously good to see the results of the efforts that have been put in, and when you think where we’ve come from, about nine seconds off the pace when we first went out on track in testing in Jerez, it’s a huge accomplishment to the whole Lotus Racing team.

“It’s also great to see our profile continuing to rise across the world. We’ve launched our first range of merchandise here, and it’s good to see flags in the stands, and shirts in the crowd, so we’ll do our best to give the fans something to cheer for tomorrow.”

Ends

Message par lotusien Lun Mai 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Venom a écrit:...
Le diffuseur a un peu évolué (l’étage a été agrandi et équipé de gurney flaps. Le rez de chaussée a été retouché et il a reçu deux ailettes verticales supplémentaires )
Merci Venom pour tous ces éclairages techniques (pas que Lotus, en général! Very Happy ) que j'apprécie beaucoup.
On avait parlé de système hydraulique maison et d'une nouvelle boîte pour Barcelone mais je n'ai lu nulle part de news la dessus. Sais tu si c'était présent ici sur la T127?
A moins que...d'autres évolutions sont prévues pour la Turquie, peut être ces évos mécaniques en font partie?

Sinon belle photo!

Je posterai le bilan du week end plus tard. Wink

Message par lotusien Lun Mai 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Week-end plutôt positif pour ce GP tant attendu pour juger des évolutions. Le potentiel s’est confirmé lors des qualifs où les Lotus se sont à la fois rapprochées des équipes « de devant » et ont creusés un écart plus importants qu’auparavant avec les autres nouvelles équipes.
Par rapport au GP de Chine qui avait déjà vu une légère progression des T127, on peut estimer que l’écart s’est réduit de 5/10è avec les plus rapides (alors que les Red Bull ont creusé l’écart avec les autres) et de 7/10è par rapport à la dernière des autres anciennes équipes. L’écart avec les meilleurs est tombé à un peu plus de 3s au lieu des 4 à 5s du début de saison. En même temps, les Lotus ont distancé plus nettement les Virgin et les HRT en augmentant l’écart de 9/10è à 1s. L’apport des modifs est donc bien positif.
Malheureusement en course ce fut moins bien même si Trulli finit devant les autres nouvelles équipes. Il y a eu d’abord ce problème de soft de la boîte de Kovalainen qui est lié au téléchargement (la boîte engageait 2 rapports en même temps) et donc pas à un problème de fiabilité. Malheureusement Kova est resté cloué sur la grille… Jarno a fait un bon départ en remontant 15ème mais il y a eu un contact au 1er virage. Ensuite il n’a pas retrouvé l’équilibre obtenu aux essais avec une usure des pneus arrière assez rapide. Il a pu contenir malgré tout assez facilement les Virgin pour finir encore meilleure des nouvelles équipes mais le rythme en course a moins progressé qu’aux essais. Autre point positif concernant la fiabilité, l’absence de problèmes hydrauliques durant tout le week-end.
A suivre à Monaco sur un circuit atypique où le traffic risque de jouer un grand rôle !

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 20 Gp510

Le communiqué officiel :

MOVING FORWARD IN SPAIN
Barcelona, Spain 9th May 2010

After a very strong showing all weekend, race day in Barcelona saw Lotus Racing continue to move ahead, with Jarno Trulli finishing 17th and first of the new teams, whilst Heikki Kovalainen suffered a gearbox failure on the grid and had to be retired before the race had started. Despite the best efforts of his pit-crew Heikki was unable to join the race, but the team’s mood after the race was good, with Jarno achieving his first full race finish.

Jarno Trulli (Lotus Cosworth T127-03: 17th, fastest lap 1.29.564): “I’m pleased we finished comfortably ahead of Virgin even though the car felt a bit difficult to drive today. I don’t really know why but it didn’t feel the same as it did on Friday – despite that we achieved what we set out to today, showed good race pace and finished well.”

Heikki Kovalainen (Lotus Cosworth T127-01: Retired): “We had a gearbox problem while we were firing up on the grid. The gearbox selected two gears at once - there was some sort of software issue which caused it to fail. It’s unfortunate, because we have had such a good weekend, but these things happen. Next up it’s Monaco, and I know we’ll be stronger again there, so we can focus on the next race and hope the luck returns.”

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer: “It was a bit of a disappointing afternoon because we had a difficult race where we weren’t really able to show our true pace. We had a gearbox problem on the grid with Heikki, which was caused by a procedural issue, not a reliability problem. That’s frustrating as I think he would have had a strong race. Jarno made a great start, he had some contact going down into the first corner and throughout the race was struggling with the rear of the car. It was difficult for him in traffic, but he did a good job to bring the car home and get his first real race finish. Now we’ll just have to go to Monaco next week and show what we know we can do.”

Tony Fernandes, Team Principal: “It was a good day at the office today - disappointing for Heikki but on the positive side the reliability looks good and we had no hydraulic issues at all. We continue to have at least one car finish ahead of all the other new teams which has always been one of the goals and we learnt a lot again today. It’s a shame Heikki wasn’t there as it makes a big difference when we only have one car on track – both of them can help push us further ahead. We’re all now looking forward to Monte Carlo and Turkey where we’ll have all our upgrades together on both cars and build on the performance we put in during qualifying here.”

Ends

Message par Venom Lun Mai 10, 2010 5:07 pm

lotusien a écrit:
Venom a écrit:...
Merci Venom pour tous ces éclairages techniques (pas que Lotus, en général! Very Happy ) que j'apprécie beaucoup.
On avait parlé de système hydraulique maison et d'une nouvelle boîte pour Barcelone mais je n'ai lu nulle part de news la dessus. Sais tu si c'était présent ici sur la T127?
A moins que...d'autres évolutions sont prévues pour la Turquie, peut être ces évos mécaniques en font partie?

Sinon belle photo!

Je posterai le bilan du week end plus tard. Wink

De rien. Merci pour ce bilan qui éclaire bien des choses concernant les gains et le rythme en course de Trulli hier...
Pour les evos mécaniques, je n'ai malheureusement aucune info. Personne n'en a parlé.
Pour les évolutions aero, j'ai vérifié; les pontons et le capot moteur sont les mêmes qu'avant ! mais le boss dit: We’re all now looking forward to Monte Carlo and Turkey where we’ll have all our upgrades together on both cars and build on the performance we put in during qualifying here.” Ils n'ont donc pas mis toutes les nouveautés...

Venom

Message par lotusien Lun Mai 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Venom a écrit:Pour les evos mécaniques, je n'ai malheureusement aucune info. Personne n'en a parlé.
Pour les évolutions aero, j'ai vérifié; les pontons et le capot moteur sont les mêmes qu'avant ! mais le boss dit: We’re all now looking forward to Monte Carlo and Turkey where we’ll have all our upgrades together on both cars and build on the performance we put in during qualifying here.” Ils n'ont donc pas mis toutes les nouveautés...
Merci, pas évident de savoir pour la mécanique donc.
Pour l'aéro, dans une interview que je viens de lire, Gascoyne avait dit que le package comprends un nouvel aileron arrière aussi mais que les pièces ne seraient probablement pas là pour Barcelone.
A suivre donc en Turquie.

Par ailleurs il parle aussi de la stratégie 2010 et 2011. L'objectif en 2010 est bien d'être dans les 10 premières équipes pour les avantages financiers certains que cela apporte entre autres. Mais il espère aussi que dès l'été il pourront lacher les évos sur la T127 et se pencher sur la monoplace 2011 dont l'objectif sera de progresser significativement par rapport à 2010.

Cela risque de ne pas être évident car la 10ème place n'est pas du tout acquise pour le moment, il suffirait d'un GP "catastrophe" avec beaucoup d'abandonsqui soit peu favorable aux Lotus et où Virgin ou HRT pourraient marquer des points... Mais bon, il faut bien faire un choix à un moment donné et 2011 est plutôt prioritaire dans l'esprit de Gascoyne, ce qui est logique à mon avis.

Message par lotusien Jeu Mai 13, 2010 12:07 am

Communiqué officiel pré-Monaco

MONACO GRAND PRIX PREVIEW
Monaco 12th May 2010

It’s tight, it’s bumpy and it’s a major challenge for the drivers and the teams, but the Monaco Grand Prix is one of the world’s greatest sporting events, and Lotus Racing is confident of putting on a very good show at a venue where much of the Lotus history was created. Looking ahead to the weekend’s action are team drivers Jarno Trulli, a Monaco winner in 2004, and Heikki Kovalainen, with Team Manager Graham Watson giving insight into the logistical problems Monaco presents, Chief Technical Officer Mike Gascoyne providing insights from the pitwall, and Team Principal Tony Fernandes discussing his first Monaco race at the head of an F1™️ team.

Graham Watson: “The challenge really begins as soon as the Spanish Grand Prix finishes as we have to pack up everything there and then get it all over to Monaco in time to try and finish setting up by Tuesday night. We have some very experienced truckies and mechanics in the team, who know their way around the confines of the Monaco paddock, and that definitely helps us make sure we can meet all our engineering deadlines, and have the cars ready to go out on track on Thursday morning. We may be one of the new teams, and we definitely don’t have as much equipment yet as some of the more established names, but we’re still able to pack in everything we need to cope with any eventuality over the weekend, including a composite and fabrication workshop on site, which hopefully won’t be needed, but with the nature of Monaco in mind, are necessities here.”

Mike Gascoyne: "Monaco is obviously a unique place. I enjoy walking around as you realise what a mad place it is to race cars! Engineering wise it’s a major challenge – it’s very bumpy with lots of slow corners and qualifying is critical as it’s almost impossible to overtake, but I still love it! We should do ok here - we’re good in the slow speed sectors and both our guys are experienced in dealing with the bumps and the traffic, particularly Jarno whose win here was very special, so all in all I’m looking forward to it.”

Jarno Trulli: “It’s something very special in Monaco. Whether you’re driving or just walking around, you can almost breathe in how exciting it is. Every driver in the world wants to win here, and I was lucky enough to do so in ’04, but the whole experience can be tough – it’s important for us to concentrate on the race, and here you’re under so much pressure it can be difficult to get the time to think, and concentrate on the actual race, but that’s how it is, so we deal with it.

“Getting in a good lap is also a challenge, but if you can manage the traffic it’s very satisfying. One of the most important parts of the circuit is through the swimming pool – you change direction at high speed, then brake for the next chicane, which is slow but you still need to get through it quickly. You jump over the kerbs there, not too much or you launch yourself into the wall, but just enough to carry the speed through. That’s why concetration levels are important – get that right every time and you’re ok – if not, you’re out.”

Heikki Kovalainen: “I obviously didn’t get the chance in Barcelona to build on the step forward we took with the updates so I’m looking forward to getting back on track and pushing on. It’s so busy on track in Monaco there’s no time to relax, and there are no run off areas so you pay heavily for any little mistakes, but I really like street circuits as they reward good car control, and I think we’ll be pretty good here from how the car felt in Spain. I’ve managed to get a round of golf in with Tony since we left Barcelona, and it’s probably not fair to say how he got on… but generally it’ll be good to get out on track again and keep up the momentum we’ve had all year.”

Tony Fernandes : “I’ve been coming to Monaco ever since AirAsia first came into the sport as a sponsor, and it’s somewhere I love coming to. It’ll be great being here with Lotus Racing – pretty emotional as Lotus has so much history here. It’ll be a special moment for me and a huge amount of fans to see the green and yellow on track again, so I can’t wait for Thursday and to see the cars out there at what’s almost their third home race!”

Ends

En ayant observé les partiels de Barcelone, j'ai remarqué que les Lotus étaient mieux dans le dernier secteur, le plus tortueux, que dans les autres, aussi bien par rapport aux Virgin qu'aux équipes de devant. Gascoyne le confirme dans une interview. Monaco devrait donc leur convenir pas trop mal sous réserve qu'elles passent bien les bosses en plus. En tout cas, c'est un avantage d'avoir 2 pilotes expérimentés ici dont un ancien vainqueur. Very Happy

Quelques news d'interviews :
Gascoyne confirme aussi que les Lotus sont les monoplaces qui ont fait le plus gros bond en avant en Espagne avec les Red Bull et dans une moindre mesure, les Sauber.

D'après Heikki Il y aura en principe quelques petites évos à Monaco et au Canada mais le plus gros arrivera en Turquie. Il est confiant dans les possibilités de l'équipe de rejoindre le gros du peloton relativement vite. Il espère que les travaux sur la nouvelle voiture pourrons débuter assez tôt pour soigner le développment aéro et bien définir le "basique" de la définition.

Lotus s'équipe toujours en matériel d'essais et bancs divers. Ils travaillent sur le controle de la tenue de caisse et des mouvements de la partie arrière du chassis et sur l'abaissement du poids.

Message par Guest Jeu Mai 13, 2010 9:34 am

Heikki a l'air d'être très motivé. Je pense qu'il sera encore là l'an prochain Smile Jarno je pense que c'est la dernière année de sa carrière en F1. Il a donné un coup de main à Mike, lui fait profiter de son expérience, puis va s'effacer au profit d'un jeune. Fauzy ou Panciaticci je pense. (faut encore que Pancia face une belle saison)

Invité

Message par Venom Jeu Mai 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Intéressant. Cette équipe n'est qu'au début... la marge de progression est énorme mais les bases sont très solides.

vino_93 a écrit:Heikki a l'air d'être très motivé. Je pense qu'il sera encore là l'an prochain Smile Jarno je pense que c'est la dernière année de sa carrière en F1. Il a donné un coup de main à Mike, lui fait profiter de son expérience, puis va s'effacer au profit d'un jeune. Fauzy ou Panciaticci je pense. (faut encore que Pancia face une belle saison)

Pourtant Trulli attend la voiture 2011 avec impatience. Je crois qu'il va rester. Lotus et Gascoyne auront encore besoin d'un pilote comme Trulli pour développer la prochaine Lotus.

Venom

Message par Guest Jeu Mai 13, 2010 3:26 pm

je sais pas, perso je le sens pas rester le Jarno ... scratch on sent Heikki un poil plus motivé dans les déclarations. Mais ça me fait quasi aucun doute que Fauzy sera titulaire l'an prochain. A vrai dire j'ai du mal à voir l'un ou l'autre partir, mais il me semble qu'Heikki resterait, de par son age, et qu'il semble etre mieux là que nul part ailleurs auparavant. Enfin après je me trompe peut etre.

Aux libres 1, Glock est repassé devant les deux lotus Mad

Invité

Message par Narm Jeu Mai 13, 2010 3:37 pm

vino_93 a écrit:je sais pas, perso je le sens pas rester le Jarno ... scratch on sent Heikki un poil plus motivé dans les déclarations. Mais ça me fait quasi aucun doute que Fauzy sera titulaire l'an prochain. A vrai dire j'ai du mal à voir l'un ou l'autre partir, mais il me semble qu'Heikki resterait, de par son age, et qu'il semble etre mieux là que nul part ailleurs auparavant. Enfin après je me trompe peut etre.

Aux libres 1, Glock est repassé devant les deux lotus Mad

Chacun son feeling pour moi à lire les diverses déclarations il me semblait bien qu'Heikki ne ferait pas de vieux OS chez Lotus, surtout si une place se libère ailleurs l'année prochaine...
Narm
Narm

http://www.narm-pc.fr

Message par Michel Cordonnier Jeu Mai 13, 2010 4:58 pm

rien ne dit qu'une place chez Lotus ne deviendra pas vite enviable.Suffit de se rappeler de Super Aguri ou de FI, malgré des fortunes diverses, qui sont devenues de bonnes petites écuries assez rapidement

Message par lotusien Ven Mai 14, 2010 12:30 am

En ce qui concerne la motivation, les 2 pilotes semblent l'être pas mal depuis que les évos de Barcelone sont arrivées. En fait Jarno a eu une baisse de moral après sa succession de problèmes lors des 4 premiers GP mais il semble au beau fixe maintenant et il est très content des progrès de la voiture et du sens dans lequel elle travaille.
Idem pour Heikki sauf que pour lui, les critiques étaient au tout début mais depuis plusieurs courses il est très motivé et ça ressort dans ses propos, il semble vraiment bien dans l'équipe.
Vu les propos de Gascoyne et ses compliments sur l'apport de ces 2 pilotes d'expérience (en particulier Jarno dont il apprécie les talents de metteur au point), je pense qu'ils vont rester l'année prochaine... à moins qu'un gros team leur fasse les yeux doux mais c'est assez peu probable.

Concernant cette 1ère journée monégasque, les choses se sont assez bien passées pour les Lotus. Jarno a eu quelques petits soucis de freins en EL1, résolus en EL2, Kova quelques petits soucis de commandes au volant, mais tous deux ont pu rouler assez longtemps. Ils ont été génés tous deux dans leur meilleurs tours par un drapeau jaune.
Pas de soucis pour Kova en EL2 avec un bon long run en tendres notamment. Jarno a été arrété par un problème moteur mais celui ci était en fin de vie. Il y a quelques pistes à évaluer samedi (Trulli trouve la voiture trop ferme et voudrait assouplir un peu) mais globalement ils sont satisfaits de l'équilibre du chassis. Kova se plaignait de manque de motricité mais des réglages de diffréentiel ont amélioré la situation. Ses rapports de boîte ont également été changés entre les 2 séances.

Comme de coutume le communiqué officiel :

GREEN AND YELLOW BACK IN MONACO
Monaco 13th May 2010

Monaco Grand Prix, Thursday Practice saw Lotus Racing run a total of 122 laps around the tight turns of the Principality, and take another step forward in performance with Heikki Kovalainen finishing FP2 just over one second behind the Toro Rosso of Jaime Alguersuari.

(Making his debut in a Lotus Racing press release) Jody Egginton, Chief Race Engineer: “I think the session went quite well today. Heikki obviously put in a good performance, putting in some good times at the end and I think with the changing weather conditions we did a good job. Jarno was a little bit unlucky unfortunately with an engine issue which prevented him from completing the program but we completed a good deal of work and I think we're now looking ok for Saturday.”

Jarno Trulli (Lotus Cosworth T127-03: 30 laps, 21st, 1.19.902 / FP2: 13 laps, 21st, 1.18.667): “It was a bit frustrating today as I lost time in the garage this afternoon, and didn’t really get the chance to push as I’d have liked on track. The times were coming down but unfortunately in Monaco every single minute you lose being on track is going to cost you a little bit throughout the weekend. Obviously I'm experienced, so on the driver's side it won't affect me but with the car we still need to find the right setup and the right balance. Despite this it's good to be here and to see Lotus Racing on track, as I know how much that means to a lot of the fans, and also to see that we continue to improve the car every time we get out on track.”

Heikki Kovalainen (Lotus Cosworth T127-01: FP1: 31 laps, 20th, 1.19.606 / FP2: 48 laps, 19th, 1.18.184): “Overall it was a very good Thursday on track. We completed both sessions without any problems and managed to complete all our programs. As soon as I got in the car on Thursday morning it felt good and throughout the day we've been able to improve it step by step, so we’re definitely going in the right direction. We tried both compounds of tyres and they're both working fine, and the long run with the soft tyres went without any problems, so that’s also pretty encouraging. We ended up pretty close to the car in front and anything can happen here so I’m looking forward to qualifying and the race. I'm really pleased with today’s performance and I think everyone in the team can be very happy with the job we're doing.”

Mike Gascoyne: “Today was a reasonably good day. Jarno's program this afternoon was cut short with an engine problem, although the engine in question was a high-mileage unit that reached the end of the line today. Heikki had no problems completing the planned program, with a good long run at the end, so overall the team had a good day. The cars are in good shape, and we’re pretty confident there’s more to come for Saturday.”

Ends

Message par lotusien Ven Mai 14, 2010 12:49 am

L'interview de Tony Fernandes lors de la conférence de presse de Monaco aujourd'hui :

Q: A question to all. Basically looking back at last weekend and looking forward to this weekend. Tony, if I can start with you.

Tony FERNANDES: Well, for us it was a good step forward. I am very, very happy with the upgrade package. Unfortunately a slight mistake with Heikki's (Kovalainen) car. Continuing with Monaco today it has been two good practice sessions and looking forward to the race.

Q: What is the big task this weekend?

TF: Well, as we have consistently said every race to be ahead of Virgin and be best of the new teams and try and finish both cars.

Q: Jarno (Trulli) seemed to have a problem this afternoon?

TF: No, the engine had come to the end of its life and we were running it out to the end but unfortunately it ran out slightly earlier than we anticipated.

Q: You are getting closer to those ahead of you. How is that working out? How much are you putting performance on the car? Have you solved reliability?

TF: Well, at the moment it appears reliability is quite good but we are hoping to add more upgrades between now and Turkey. A little bit more at Silverstone and I think we will close shop for the year. But it was good today. We didn't seem to be that far away from the back end of the established teams and the drivers enjoyed it tremendously today. Heikki especially put in a lot of good lap times and good mileage.

Q: (Joe Saward - Grand Prix Special) Tony, from your point of view, what usually happens when you have big tyre manufacturers coming in is that you have the teams up the front not paying and the teams down the back paying. How would you feel about that?

TF: I think in my short period at FOTA, there is a pretty strong togetherness there to be honest. I think the will is that everyone will have a fair and equal deal. Certainly I've seen a lot of transparency under Martin, and I think it will be a pretty fair deal throughout for all teams.

Q: (Joe Saward - Grand Prix Special) Teams have started looking now at their 2011 cars; I understand that some of the engineers have been quite shocked by the difference in terms of downforce that you're getting without the double diffusers. Do you think that's going to add a lot to the costs in the next few months, as you go through the research and try to get that back, or is that going to be less of a shocking change than they appear to say at the moment?

TF: Well, for us, we're not that heavily developed anyway, so it's probably an advantage with the new regulations coming in and the quicker they come in then we will start developing the new car.

Message par Venom Ven Mai 14, 2010 7:40 pm

J'ai oublié; la Lotus avait un J-damper parmi ses nouveautés mécaniques (ou comme seule nouveauté mécanique). C'est le système introduit par Mclaren en F1 en 2005, similaire au Mass damper de Renault et devenu un 'must'... Il améliore considérablement la liaison au sol donc le grip, l’équilibre, la stabilité...surtout dans les virages lents. Gascoyne l'a cité dans cette interview vidéo et d'autres observateur en ont parlé..

Venom

Message par lotusien Dim Mai 16, 2010 3:08 am

Bonne journée pour Lotus aujourd'hui. En EL3 Kova et Trulli ont bien roulé en se rapprochant des teams de devant malgré des soucis de boîte de Heikki (plus de 2ème raport) qui l'ont empéché de passer un train de pneus tendres. En qualifs, après un bon premier run, Heikki a pris des risques au second pour tenter la Q2 mais a été un peu trop optimiste. Jarno est juste derrière. Moins de 1s d'écart avec Kobayashi en Q1 et 2,3 avec le meilleur temps de la Q1, c'est plutôt bien, même en tenant compte du tracé plus court de Monaco. Les Virgin ne sont pas très loin derrière mais les 2 Lotus sont restés facilement devant.

Demain il faudra éviter les accrochages éventuels et si la fiabilité est là, on peut espérer un bon résultat d'autant que la voiture est bien avec les pneus durs.

Lotus
Heikki Kovalainen (18th, Q1 - 1m 17.094s)
"The first run was very good so on the second run I decided to go for it, take some risks and see what happened. The gap to the next car was about nine tenths so I thought if I really nailed a lap we might break into Q2, but to be really honest it was a bit out of control and it was just going over the edge and it became untidy. In the end I was able to put myself ahead of all the other new teams so I think that's fine."

Jarno Trulli (19th, Q1 - 1m 17.134s)
"It was a bit difficult out there today as I'd lost quite a lot of track time yesterday, which meant my last setup change was right before qualifying. Despite that, I did my best out there and we are much closer than a lot of people expected to the cars ahead. We have also shown a good improvement from where we started the season, so I'm reasonably happy with where we are."

Mike Gascoyne, Lotus chief technical officer
"A good day out there for us. We took another step forward in performance terms, showing in final practice and in qualifying that the upgrades we brought to the last race, combined with a good engine package, continue to help us close the gap to the teams ahead, this time to under three seconds. In qualifying I think we did as well as we could have hoped for - Heikki put in a very strong lap early on, and Jarno did the same at the end of the session to take us further away from the other new teams, so I'm very pleased."

Tony Fernandes, Lotus team principal
"I'm very happy, and I know I keep saying that after every qualifying session. Today we again finished best of the new teams but there was a real drive from Heikki and Jarno to try and get into Q2. In the past few races there's been an inevitability that we're not going to get there, but today there was a real belief that we had a chance, which caused Heikki to push really hard. He spun, but that showed that he was pushing. So it's been good today - to be 2.3 seconds away from the best time in Q1 is something we should all be proud about. It's also important that the whole team is very pumped up, they feel like we're making progress every race and after six races morale is very high. Looking forward to tomorrow, anything can happen here - obviously from where we're starting we need to make up seven places to get a point, and that's quite a hard task, but who knows, we may be able to spring a surprise. The drivers are very pumped up, we're learning a lot about the car, and after six races we are clearly moving forward and closer to the pack. Well done to Heikki, Jarno and the whole team."

Message par Venom Dim Mai 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Heikki Kovalainen n’est pas à l’arrivée, mais il semblait très heureux à la fin de sa course. Il faut dire que le Finlandais s’est bien amusé cet après-midi...

"Cette course a été fantastique, et ce, depuis le début," s’exclame Heikki Kovalainen. "J’ai eu un peu de mal avec mes pneus à la première relance de la course, mais ensuite tout s’est bien passé et je suis resté au contact de la Renault (Petrov). J’étais à fond et ma voiture avait un comportement remarquable. Juste avant mon abandon, j’ai ressenti que ma direction était faussée et cela me gênait dans les virages à droite, même dans le tunnel. Mais cela s’est aggravé et je ne me sentais plus en sécurité."

"A Monaco, vous ne pouvez pas prendre ce genre de risques et je suis donc rentré. C’était un problème technique, mais malgré ça, je suis content de ma course. Nous avons démontré que nous étions la meilleure des nouvelles équipes et que nous étions désormais proches du groupe qui nous précède," ajoute le Finlandais.

Jarno Trulli avait le sourire moins large. L’Italien se classe 15e, mais lui non plus n’est pas à l’arrivée de la course.

"Cette journée n’a pas été géniale pour moi. Après avoir eu des problèmes avec ma roue arrière droite lors de mon arrêt au stand, je me suis retrouvé derrière les HRT. J’ai donc essayé de les dépasser. Dans le dernier tour, Karun semblait au ralenti dans le deuxième et le troisième secteur et lorsque j’ai vu qu’il me laissait de la place à la Rascasse, j’ai plongé et nous nous sommes touchés," raconte Trulli.

"C’est un incident de course, mais je reste persuadé que notre équipe va dans la bonne direction. J’espère que la malchance va m’abandonner lorsque nous serons de retour en piste en Turquie," conclut Jarno.

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Kovalainen-s-est-beaucoup-amuse.html

Venom

Message par Venom Dim Mai 16, 2010 8:37 pm

J’espère... cheers

Lotus considère un changement de moteur pour 2011

Un Renault pour remplacer le Cosworth ?

dimanche 16 mai 2010 - 13h56, par Franck Drui

Chez Lotus on n’est pas très satisfait du Cosworth et Tony Fernandes, le patron de Lotus est prêt à mettre de l’argent sur la table pour disposer d’un meilleur moteur, et pourquoi pas un Renault. Le triplé du moteur V8 français hier en qualifications à Monaco a confirmé ses qualités de souplesse alors que les dernières modifications apportées ont permis au Renault de se rapprocher en puissance des moteurs Mercedes et Ferrari.

Le développement va se poursuivre encore cette année sur la Lotus T127, avec des grosses nouveautés aérodynamiques prévues au Grand Prix de Grande-Bretagne à Silverstone en juillet. Ensuite Gascoyne et ses ingénieurs se tourneront complètement vers la voiture 2011 et ils aimeraient évidemment connaitre le nom du moteur qui sera utilisé en 2011 d’ici là.

Renault a confirmé qu’elle étudiait la possibilité de fournir une équipe supplémentaire l’an prochain, si Red Bull conserve bien son moteur Renault, ce qui n’est pas encore une chose acquise.

"Je suis très confiant sur le fait que nous aurons une très bonne voiture l’an prochain, nous aurons plus de temps pour l’étudier et la construire. La voiture actuelle a été construite dans l’urgence, c’est donc en 2011 que l’on verra Lotus comme elle doit l’être" commente Kovalainen.

Venom

Message par lotusien Lun Mai 17, 2010 7:19 am

En complément de l'article de Nextgen, un extrait du comminiqué officiel avec les déclarations de Gascoyne et Fernandes.

STRONG RACE COMES TO AN EARLY END
Monaco, 16th May 2010

Lotus Racing leave Monaco with mixed emotions after a very impressive display during the race came to an early end for both cars with only a few laps remaining. Despite this, the team demonstrated impressive pace throughout the race, making good on the promise shown in practice and qualifying, and will see the race as another step forward in experience and performance.

Heikki Kovalainen (Lotus Cosworth T127-01, retired lap 59)
Jarno Trulli (Lotus Cosworth T127-03: Classified 15th)

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer: “This was our strongest performance yet compared to the midfield, so obviously mixed emotions for where we finished. Heikki had a very strong race and in the middle his performance was particularly good compared to the midfield group. It’s a shame we had a problem on his car - the steering joint failed, something we’ve not seen before - but overall it was a very positive weekend for him. For Jarno, he had a much more difficult weekend, clearly struggling with the balance of the car and I think as a team we have to take a look at everything to be able to do a better job for him. Obviously he was compromised by the slow pitstop, which dropped him down the field and affected his whole race. He was capable of going much faster and when he made the move he unfortunately fell victim to the nature of the Monaco circuit. So I leave feeling pleased we showed such good pace, and we move on to Turkey.”

Tony Fernandes: “I take a lot of positives from the race today and it was another one where we had at least one car classified. Most importantly Heikki made a great step forward and it was fantastic watching him race with Petrov. He and the whole team felt it was the best race of the season for him and that boosts confidence further for the season ahead. We’ve got some more new parts coming which will continue to take us forward, and hopefully Jarno’s luck will turn, but even with that we’re all pleased. It’s also great to see so many of our fans out around the track - hopefully we gave them some good racing today, and in years to come we’ll give them some good results as well.”

Ends

Vraiment dommage pour Heikki qui a fait une très belle course avant ses problèmes de direction. Je n'ai pas (encore 👅 ) regardé dans le détail mais son rythme en milieu de couse était assez proche de celui des derniers du peloton. Il avit perdu un peu de temps lors du changement de pneus (5ou 6 s) mais pas autant que Jarno qui a laissé une vingtaine de secondes à cause de l'écrou arrière gauche récalcitrant! Neutral Du coup il s'est retrouvé deriière les HRT et était bloqué derrière tout en étant plus rapide. Je trouve que sa manoeuvre sur Chandhok était vraiment optimiste mais bon... il a tenté... Il était quand même moins bien que Kova qui lui était enchanté du comportement de sa T127 alors que Jarno avait un peu de mal à se débarrasser de Di Grassi en début de course et n'a pas réussit à avoir le même équilibre de châssis que Kova.

Même si le résultat brut est un peu décevant, les progrès en performances sont quand même sensibles et l'objectif d'avoir au moins une voiture classée dans chaque GP est atteint (c'est un peu tiré par les cheveux car Trulli est classé 15ème mais n'est pas à l'arrivée 👅 ).

De nouvelles évos seront présentes en Turquie! Very Happy

Message par lotusien Lun Mai 17, 2010 7:24 am

Venom a écrit:J’espère... cheers

Lotus considère un changement de moteur pour 2011

Un Renault pour remplacer le Cosworth ?

dimanche 16 mai 2010 - 13h56, par Franck Drui

Chez Lotus on n’est pas très satisfait du Cosworth et Tony Fernandes, le patron de Lotus est prêt à mettre de l’argent sur la table pour disposer d’un meilleur moteur, et pourquoi pas un Renault. Le triplé du moteur V8 français hier en qualifications à Monaco a confirmé ses qualités de souplesse alors que les dernières modifications apportées ont permis au Renault de se rapprocher en puissance des moteurs Mercedes et Ferrari.

Le développement va se poursuivre encore cette année sur la Lotus T127, avec des grosses nouveautés aérodynamiques prévues au Grand Prix de Grande-Bretagne à Silverstone en juillet. Ensuite Gascoyne et ses ingénieurs se tourneront complètement vers la voiture 2011 et ils aimeraient évidemment connaitre le nom du moteur qui sera utilisé en 2011 d’ici là.

Renault a confirmé qu’elle étudiait la possibilité de fournir une équipe supplémentaire l’an prochain, si Red Bull conserve bien son moteur Renault, ce qui n’est pas encore une chose acquise.

"Je suis très confiant sur le fait que nous aurons une très bonne voiture l’an prochain, nous aurons plus de temps pour l’étudier et la construire. La voiture actuelle a été construite dans l’urgence, c’est donc en 2011 que l’on verra Lotus comme elle doit l’être" commente Kovalainen.
Vu la démonstration des moteurs Renault ce week end, ce serait pas mal en effet! Le Cosworth est "honnête" en perfos et en fiabilité mais n'a pas l'air extra quand même...

Message par Venom Lun Mai 17, 2010 8:01 am

En plus, si le RS27 est en retard en terme de puissance, c'est a cause des règlements de la FIA... Si cette dernière donne le feu vert a Renault pour rattraper le retard afin d’égaliser les puissances, Viry le fera rapidement et efficacement, ça c'est sur Twisted Evil

Sinon, avec quel motoriste Lotus a connu le plus de succès ? Cosworth ou Renault ?

Venom

Message par Narm Lun Mai 17, 2010 10:47 am

Venom a écrit:En plus, si le RS27 est en retard en terme de puissance, c'est a cause des règlements de la FIA... Si cette dernière donne le feu vert a Renault pour rattraper le retard afin d’égaliser les puissances, Viry le fera rapidement et efficacement, ça c'est sur Twisted Evil

Sinon, avec quel motoriste Lotus a connu le plus de succès ? Cosworth ou Renault ?
Cosworth : une quarantaine contre une demi douzaine avec Renault ( à la louche en zieutant sur wikipedia).
Narm
Narm

http://www.narm-pc.fr

Message par lotusien Lun Mai 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Venom a écrit:Sinon, avec quel motoriste Lotus a connu le plus de succès ? Cosworth ou Renault ?
Pour compléter la réponse de Narm,
Il n' ya pas vraiment photo, la période d'utilisation du Cosworth yant été bien plus longue que celle du Renault/
Ford de 1967 à 1982, 4 titres pilotes (Hill, Rindt, Fittipaldi, Andretti), 5 titres constructeurs, 43 victoires
Renault de 1983 à 1987, 7 victoires, pas de titre

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 20 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Suivant