de angelis
59 participants

Page 30 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Suivant

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 30 Empty Re: [F1] Lotus F1 Racing

Message par lotusien Ven Aoû 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Le communiqué officiel du jour 👅

BELGIAN GRAND PRIX FRIDAY PRACTICE
Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium 27th August 2010

Lotus Racing took up where they left off at the last race in Hungary, with Friday’s Belgian Grand Prix practice sessions ending up with Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli topping the new team’s time sheets in very mixed conditions on track.

Jarno Trulli (Chassis T127-04) FP1: 15 laps, best time 2.07.189, 21st / FP2: 21 laps, best time 1.53.639, 20th “It feels good to be back. It’s always nice to be back on track, especially in Spa as it’s such a good track. Practice today went very well for me and I’m pleased with where we ended up. Unfortunately on the last run this afternoon I was blocked by another car which prevented me from going quicker with the same set of tyres as everyone else, but before that I was looking pretty good, so I feel confident for tomorrow.”

Heikki Kovalainen (Chassis T127-01) FP1: 15 laps, best time 2.07.955, 23rd / FP2: 15 laps, best time 1.53.480, 19th “It wasn’t too bad today considering the weather, but at least everyone was in the same position. There were no big problems - the car seemed to work well in all the conditions, but it’s always hard to draw a conclusion when the weather keeps changing and teams keep running different tyres. So you can’t read too much into the times today. The track itself feels fine – it’s a great track, and in the dry it will be really good. Fingers crossed for blue skies tomorrow!”

Dieter Gass, Sporting Director: “It was a difficult day today with the mixed and changing conditions. This morning’s run was pretty much meaningless, because of the weather, but at least it was better in the afternoon. We got a bit of dry running in in FP2 which gave us a chance to look at the tyres, but with the continuously changing conditions it was difficult to work on the set up. We’ll look at the data now and make a call on the set ups, downforce levels and ratios that we are going to run tomorrow, so I think we’ve got quite a bit of work to do this evening. Whatever happens, I’m confident we can maintain our position ahead of the new teams if the conditions stay stable. In the mixed conditions anything can happen, and you need a bit of luck to keep up the momentum, so let’s see what happens.”

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer: “Obviously the weather today made it an interesting first day for everyone. The first session was very wet and we just ran on the full wets. In the second session we switched to the inters and then managed to run both sets of dry tyres, but the changing conditions make any meaningful work or comparisons very difficult. But I’m reasonably happy with where we are and look forward to some dry weather over the weekend.”

Ends

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par lotusien Ven Aoû 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Un extrait de la conférence FIA d'aujourd'hui à laquelle participait Mike Gascoyne.
Quelques piques bien senties envers X-Trac sur leur fiabilité, une réponse circonstantiée concernant un changement éventuel de moteur (très content de Cosworth mais comme tous les teams on évalue toutes les options... mrgreen ), une mention des double châssis (made by Chapman Very Happy ) concernant les innovations interdites rapidement...

Belgian GP - Conference 2 _ 27/08/2010
TEAM PRINCIPALS: John BOOTH (Virgin), Ross BRAWN (Mercedes), Mike GASCOYNE (Lotus), Martin WHITMARSH (McLaren)

PRESS CONFERENCE

Q: A question to you all. This time of the year some people tend to wind down on the development of the current car, perhaps work more on the 2011 car. Some people less so as they are still in the championship. Can I just hear what your team’s concentration is on for the rest of the season?
Mike GASCOYNE: For us it is very clear that we are fully focused on next year’s car and have been for several months now. I think while it is still important for us to try and maintain 10th place in the championship I think the most important thing as one of the new teams is that we make that step and close the gap to the established teams and we are able to race them properly. I think just being on the grid for us was a huge achievement but you are only a new team once and we are not a new team next year, we are a Formula One team and we have to make sure that we are performing as one, so we very much switched our focus onto next year’s car. It is quite an auspicious day for us. Today was the day a year ago that we actually first walked around our factory and there were three of us. Now there are 220 of us. We hope that we can do a better job for next year, so that is clearly where our focus is.

Q: Mike, looking at the performance so far have you been happy with that? Has it come above or below expectation?
MG: I think it is pretty much where we expected it to be. As I said earlier we didn’t have an entry this time a year ago and we didn’t know we were actually going to be in the sport, so we missed several months of development. If we had had that I think we would have done a much better job. But our aim coming into this year was always to try and be the best of the new teams, try to close the gap to the established teams and do a thorough, professional job. We had some big updates which moved us forward but in reality we were never going to challenge for ninth place or any of the established teams, so I think we have pretty much delivered exactly what we wanted to do. We would prefer to be a bit closer but time just hasn’t allowed that for us. I think we would have been much happier being more reliable. That has been a disappointment to us. Some of that has been out of our control through outside suppliers and we have got to make sure we put that right for next year. But I think we have pretty much delivered what we expected to deliver and on budget as well as my boss keeps reminding me to be.

Q: Particularly in Germany recently you seemed to have major gearbox problems. Has that been the major problem so far this year?
MG: Gearbox and hydraulics have been a particularly weak area. We haven’t had the resources to put all the fixes in place and I think we have been let down by some suppliers who have not done as good a job as they should have done. But you cannot make excuses. You have got to put things right. I think we are now very much on top of it. We want to have solid two car finishes for the rest of the year as I think if we do that we have got the performance and the drivers to secure 10th place. But it is something that has been a disappointment for us as a team.

QUESTIONS FROM THE FLOOR

Q: (Mike Doodson) This is apropos of what Ross just said, actually, because I’ve got a philosophical question about the future of Formula One. We already have an engine freeze and now we seem to be getting into a pattern of clever engineers introducing technology which they are only allowed to exploit for one year until it gets banned at the end of the year. For example, McLaren gave us the F-duct and I’m absolutely sure your engineers are working hard on the G-spot for next year, but does this mean that Formula One is developing into a stage where technology will be restricted and we’re going to have a spec formula?
MG: One of the things you’ve always got to bear in mind is… OK, if you ban something like the F-duct, its advantage has gone away over a few months anyway because everyone’s copied it and implemented it themselves. I think history just shows, over the years, that people are still coming up with those ideas. The rule book now for the technical regulations is probably four or five times as thick as it was when I started in Formula One, but it hasn’t stopped people coming up with these ideas. Twin chassis cars being banned before they ever raced and all that sort of thing, it’s always been this and it just means that you have to think in different areas but you’ve got to do that anyway to maintain a competitive advantage because people will always be implementing any idea you’ve put on, so you’ve got to keep ahead of the game.

Q: (Joe Saward – Grand Prix Special) To the new team representatives, are there any plans to change your engines and how difficult do you think it will be to do that?
MG: We’re using Cosworth engines, we’ve been very happy with their performance this year, their first year back in Formula One. I think as teams we always evaluate every option that’s out there but at the moment we’re very, very happy with Cosworth and the job they’ve been doing.

Message par lotusien Ven Aoû 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Dur de voir les évos aéros mais de toutes façons elles sont faibles. L'aileron avant est le même que lors des dernières courses ; il semble que les déflecteurs latéraux sous le nez soient un peu différents (à confirmer car les photos ne sont pas très claires).
En revanche les T127 ont roulé aujourd'hui avec 2 configs d'aileron arrière : une "faible appui" sans le double mat central et une fine lame sur le 1er étage et une avec le double mat central et plus d'appui.

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 30 Spa_vu10

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 30 Spa_vu11

Message par lotusien Sam Aoû 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Les EL3 ne se sont pas trop mal passées, Trulli étant le plus rapide des new teams. Joli temps de Senna avec sa HRT!
Les qualifs risquent d'être un peu "chaudes" les nuages arrivent vers le circuit et il va falloir être très réactif. Quels réglages adopter????

Message par Jilhou Sam Aoû 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Kova en Q2, la classe Cool

Jilhou

Message par Guest Sam Aoû 28, 2010 3:35 pm

cheers

Invité

Message par lotusien Sam Aoû 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Superbe perf de Kova en Q2! 16ème temps, presque aussi bien qu'en Malaisie (15ème) mais 14ème sur la grille meilleure position de l'année! Very Happy
Glock est à près de 1"1, la Lotus est mieux dans les 1er et 3ème secteurs. En EL3 e"lles roulaient apparemment avec l'aileron "faibles appuis", à voir en qualifs mais les temps semblent indiquer le même choix.
Jarno a loupé la Q2 d'un souffle, dommage mais est quand même 17ème sur la grille.
Si la course est aussi animée que ces qualifs Shocked ça promets!

Message par lotusien Sam Aoû 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Le communiqué officiel du jour

SPA BRINGS OUT THE BEST IN LOTUS RACING
Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium 28th August 2010

Lotus Racing CEO Riad Asmat and the Malaysian flag brought a touch of luck to the team today at the Belgian Grand Prix Qualifying session as Heikki Kovalainen made it through to his second appearance of the season in Q2, and finished the session 16th. Jarno Trulli just missed out on Q2 after yellow flags at the end of an action packed Q1 forced him to back off, robbing him of the chance of joining his team-mate in the afternoon’s second session. With the Mercedes cars of both Schumacher and Rosberg having to take grid penalties, and Timo Glock’s Virgin being dropped five places after the session, the Lotus Racing cars will provisionally line up 14th and 15th, and with the T127s carrying the Malaysian flag on the engine covers at Spa to celebrate Malaysian Independence Day on 31st August, the team are looking forward to putting in a performance tomorrow to give all their fans in Malaysia and around the world something to cheer for in the unpredictable Belgian conditions.

Heikki Kovalainen (Chassis T127-01) FP3: 14 laps, best time 1.51.384, 21st / QUALIFYING: 16th, 1.50.980, 12 laps “It was a great qualifying for us today, the second time we made it into Q2 like we did in Malaysia. It’s a shame Jarno didn’t make it through as well, and I was just ahead of him, but the team did a great job today and they should all be very pleased. We made the right calls on tyres in both sessions and in the second session it was really about fighting with Timo, and we nailed him so we achieved what we set out to do today. I think we should be in pretty good shape tomorrow against our direct competitors, and those just ahead, as it looks like the lower downforce circuits suit us, so I hope we have mixed conditions tomorrow and can give it our best shot.”

Jarno Trulli (Chassis T127-04) FP3: 14 laps, best time 1.50.600, 19th / QUALIFYING: 18th, 2.01.491, 9 laps “I’m obviously disappointed that I didn’t make it into Q2, but congratulations to Heikki and the team for putting in such a good performance. It was a pretty crazy session, and it started badly for me when di Grassi lost his car - I was quicker than him, and I couldn’t avoid going over him. If he had let me by in the first place when I was much quicker, then it wouldn’t have happened. It’s difficult in changeable conditions, everyone gets surprised, but we’re still in a pretty good position tomorrow, so we’ll do our best to reward the fans.”

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer: “In the end it was a very good session for us today. It’s disappointing we didn’t get Jarno into Q2 as well, but the yellow flags at the end of his final run held him up, otherwise I’m sure he’d have joined Heikki in Q2. Heikki did a great job in spite of the conditions, and he managed to get the best out the car. We’ll be in our best starting positions tomorrow and we’re all looking forward to a good strong race. We’re clearly the quickest of the new boys, and tomorrow will be all about getting Jarno up with Heikki, getting both cars across the finish line, and making good on the performance we’ve put in today.”

Riad Asmat, Chief Executive Officer: “I’m absolutely delighted, for the whole team, and for everyone who supports us around the world. We managed to get into Q2 for the second time in our first season which is pretty fantastic by any measure. It’s a shame Jarno didn’t get in as well, but that’s what happens in racing, and this is a really good start after the summer break. It’s important to remember that we’re a small team, with limited resources, and I think that what we have achieved today, and will continue to achieve, is the stuff dreams are made of.

“I’m lucky enough that Tony deputised me for this weekend in place of him who unfortunately can’t be here, but I think Tony, Din and Nasa, our Deputy Team Principals, all wish they were here - that’s for sure! They’ve all sent a load of messages, and they’re delighted with how we performed today. Tony’s passed on his congratulations to everyone and has said that the guys have done a great job today. He, Din and Nasa are here in spirit without a doubt – and we wouldn’t be here in Spa without them.

“To top it all, it’s the Malaysian Independence day on the 31st, so it’s just perfect. For everyone in Malaysia Hari Merdeka is a really important day, and I’m just really proud to see our cars carry the flag today, and to have done so well.”

Tony Fernandes, Team Principal: “This is a very special day for me. It’s funny how things pan out. By me not being there Riad deputised for me and what a story! Riad has gone from a very special assistant for many years to a CEO, and now he’s on the pitwall commanding and directing. That is Lotus Racing. We make the unbelievable believable, and we show that you have to keep dreaming. Whatever happens tomorrow, it doesn't really matter. What matters today is Riad, Mike, Heikki, Jarno and the whole team who pulled out an amazing performance. Well done to all.”

Ends

Suite aux pénalités de Glock et Buemi pour avoir géné des adversaires lors des qualifs les 2 Lotus remontent respectivement 13ème et 15ème sur la grille.
Il va falloir en tirer bénéfice demain en passant aux travers des divers pièges. Si les conditions sont changeantes pendant le GP ça s'annonce intéressant! Very Happy

Message par Guest Dim Aoû 29, 2010 10:30 am

Very Happy

Invité

Message par lotusien Dim Aoû 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Course mouvementée mais à l'arrivée best of the new teams encore. Very Happy Finalement il n'y a pas eu trop de grabuge devant et l'écart est trop grand avec les anciens teams qui étaient derrière sur la grille. Ces derniers repassent devant même avec une bonne place des verts sur la grille... Neutral D'où la 16ème place à l'arrivée mais c'est le mieux qui pouvait être espéré sans plus de chaos.
Trulli était talonné par Di Grassi pendant un moment puis il a creusé un écart confortable jusqu'à son tête à queue sous la pluie à 3 tours de la fin Neutral Rolling Eyes
Au contraire Kova n'a pas fait le bon choix au départ et a du passer 2 fois par les stands. Il a ensuite aligné de bons tours et revenait sur les Virgin jusqu'à la dernière averse où je ne sais pas ce qui s'est passé mais il a pu doublé les Virgin et finit ainsi 1er des nouveaux teams encore une fois. 6ème victoire pour Kova dans ce championnat B et 8ème pour Lotus ! Very Happy

Message par Zelkin Dim Aoû 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Course encourageante avec un bémol, le rythme en course est similaire aux Virgin et pire, aux HRT...

Ils ont du mal sur de la longueur... Mais au moins la fiabilité est là!

Petite frayeur pour Trulli aussi :?

Admin

http://www.nextgen-auto.com

Message par lotusien Dim Aoû 29, 2010 6:49 pm

Le communiqué officiel

BELGIAN GRAND PRIX
Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium 29th August 2010

The Belgian Grand Prix at Spa lived up to all expectations and produced an incident packed race that saw Lotus Racing again finish ahead of their nearest rivals. Heikki Kovalainen recovered from a slow start to finish 16th, and Jarno Trulli crossed the line in 19th, a spin late on dropping him back a few places after he had put in a very strong performance in the constantly changing weather conditions.

Heikki Kovalainen (Chassis T127-01) 16th, fastest lap 1.55.797 - lap 23, 3 stops – laps 1, 3, 33: “I had a bit of a problem at the start when the engine bogged down, and I activated the anti-stall, but I was already being passed by the time I could get up to speed. The rain had started and unfortunately I damaged my front wing in the last turn so I had to pit. We took a gamble with the inters but the rain stopped, so I had to come back in and I lost out to the group ahead of me. After that it was a question of doing the best job I could, and keeping us in with a chance of taking advantage of the rain at the end, and as it turned out we managed to pick up a few places at the end and finish 16th.”

Jarno Trulli (Chassis T127-04) 19th, fastest lap 1.55.103 – lap 24, 1 stop – lap 33: “It was pretty exciting out there, an eventful race where lots of things happened, but that’s normal for Spa! At the start I went wide to avoid Heikki and unfortunately was overtaken by a couple of other cars. After that I was struggling a bit in the early stages with my rear tyres overheating – fortunately they came back so I could started pushing and managed to pull away from the guys behind, so that was a good stint until the rain came. I had quite a big margin over my nearest competitor so I was looking pretty good, but then the safety car came out. At the restart I was following the other cars but obviously the visibility was very poor and I made a bit of an error on a high speed corner, touched the white line with the rear end of the car and it just slipped away from me, which meant I lost places. I continued, but then the race was over from there. I’m glad we got both cars home, and it’s good to see we’ve still got an advantage over our nearest rivals, so bring on Monza!”

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer: “An exciting race and a typically eventful one here in Spa. Neither driver had a great start which meant we lost a few places, and Heikki had a problem when the rain started. We changed him onto intermediates, but were then a little slow in changing him back, but he drove a great race, and was quick at the end in the wet conditions, and he again brought us home best of the new teams. Jarno drove a strong race. He struggled initially with the tyres, but in the middle part of the race his pace was very strong, and it’s just a shame that he had a spin in the difficult wet conditions as it would have been nice to have had both cars finish ahead of the other new guys. But despite that, both cars finished and overall this has been a good weekend for the whole team.”

Riad Asmat, Chief Executive Officer: “I feel great. I think we achieved what we wanted to do – we got both cars home and we’re still ahead of the other new teams. It’s a bit unfortunate that Jarno spun out, but it’s all part of racing. He recovered well and I think we’ll all move on from this point and feel confident we can put in a good performance in Monza, and the remaining races. I think the team did great today and there was maximum effort involved, so well done to everyone. The rain of course threw everything out of sync, but we survived it today and we’re really happy.”

Ends

Message par lotusien Dim Aoû 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Zelkin a écrit:Course encourageante avec un bémol, le rythme en course est similaire aux Virgin et pire, aux HRT...
C'est bien sévère et je ne suis pas tout à fait d'accord. Wink
Par rapport aux ou plutôt à la HRT, il n' y a pas photo. A part 1 seul tour, jamais la HRT n'a devancé les Lotus et les 2 vertes ont été toutes les 2 plus rapides que Yama sur une vingtaine de tours, l'écart étant souvent assez conséquent. Si l'on enlève les tours des pit-stops et de la SC il ne reste pas beacoup de tours où la HRT a réussit à s'intercaler entre les 2 Lotus et encore de peu. Donc je pense que c'est exagéré de dire que le rythme en course est similaire aux HRT!
Pour les Virgin c'est plus serré évidemment mais comme je le dis plus haut :
- en début de course Trulli et Di Grassi avaient un rythme similaire puis Trulli a laché progressivement la Virgin pour avoir plus d'une dizaine de secondes d'avance avant la pluie et la valse d'arrêts aux stands
- pour Kova et les 2 Virgin c'était très proche et variable en fonction des drapeaux bleus.

Sur l'ensemble de la course je pense que les Lotus étaient un poil plus rapides que les Virgin mais de très peu et sensiblement plus rapides que la HRT.

Message par Zelkin Dim Aoû 29, 2010 7:28 pm

C'est vrai, belle analyse!

En tous cas la T127 tient le choc pour une voiture qui ne recoit plus grand chose, et j'espere que le chemin des points s'ouvrira une fois en fin de saison, avant une saison 2011 qui devrait les voir faire des perfs vraiment bonnes!

Admin

Message par lotusien Dim Aoû 29, 2010 8:55 pm

J'ai suivi le live timing en direct, seul moyen de savoir ce qui se passe derrière les ténors car on ne voit pas grand chose et on a encore moins d'infos à la télé, surtout sur les écarts. Wink

C'est vrai que la T127 ne résiste pas trop mal malgré le peu d'évos depuis la mi saison, notamment par rapport aux Virgin qui apportent des évos plus conséquentes à chaque GP. Il y a eu de menues modifs aéros chez Lotus pour Spa et il est réconfortant de voir que ça ne fonctionne pas trop mal. Les Lotus étaient pas mal dans les secteurs 1 et 3 par rapport aux new teams, ça rassure un peu pour Monza où les Virgin mais aussi les HRT seront peut être sur le circuit le plus favorable pour elles. On verra...
Pour les points, c'est sûr que l'on espère mais même avec des conditions atmosphériques comme aujourd'hui on voit que la hiérarchie reste quand même relativement stable Rolling Eyes . Il faudrait vraiment une cascade d'abandons pour espérer marquer 1 point... Pas impossible mais très aléatoire! Neutral

Message par Zelkin Lun Aoû 30, 2010 12:11 am

Je suis sur le live timing aussi, mais il m'avait justement semblé que les Lotus galéraient, mais j'ai du me gourer Wink

Admin

Message par Guest Lun Aoû 30, 2010 12:13 am

Il faudrait surtout un vrai gros déluge. Là, malheureusement, ce fut bien mais il a manqué un petit truc. le gros déluge ! Comme ça, tout sera bouleversé et remis en question, au moins sur quelques tours. Sinon c'est dur d'espérer quoique ce soit ...

Invité

Message par lotusien Mar Aoû 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Suite à nos échanges avec Zelkin Wink j’ai regardé de plus près les écarts en course entre les new teams, histoire de ne pas raconter de c….ies ! mrgreen
Après le SC du départ et les 2 arrêts de Kova (pour chausser les inters puis tout de suite après les slicks) le rejetant en fin de peloton on peut commencer à regarder les évolutions des rythmes.

Commençons par la comparaison Lotus / HRT. Senna out, ne reste que Yamamoto mais il n’était qu’à 3/10è de Senna en qualifs. Entre le 3ème tour et le pit-stop de la HRT au 13ème tour, Trulli lui a mis près de 12s, Kova lui a repris 13,5s. Ensuite après ce pit stop, entre le 14ème tour et le début de la valse des arrêts dus à la pluie (32ème tour) Trulli a pris 26s à la HRT, Kova 10s. Sous la pluie, les 4 tours entre les pit-stops et l’intervention de la SC, Yamamoto s’est pris une valise (pourtant il était en full wet) : Trulli lui a pris près de 1’30 ( !!!), Kova encore plus… Pour les derniers tours après la SC et après le tête à queue de Trulli, ce fut beaucoup mieux pour la HRT qui n’a perdu qu’une dizaine de secondes sur les Lotus en 3 tours.

Avant de comparer Lotus / Virgin, un petit mot sur la différence entre les 2 pilotes du même team :
- chez Lotus, Kova était un peu plus rapide que Trulli en début de course (10s de reprises jusqu’au 17ème tour puis ça s’est à peu près équilibré pendant une douzaine de tours avant que Trulli ne reprenne bien le large (+ 20s) entre le 25ème tour et les pits stops (34ème tour). Les quelques tours sous la pluie avant le SC étaient proches puis après le restart et le tête à queue de Trulli, Kova était un poil plus vite (moins de 2s). Au global, en enlevant les tours « parasites » (pit-stops, SC, tête à queue…) ce qui n’est pas évident et très subjectif, l’écart serait d’une douzaine de secondes en faveur de Trulli… mais il y a sa faute…

- Chez Virgin, L’écart entre Glock et Di Grassi est resté assez stable (entre 4 et 7 s environ) jusqu’aux arrêts aux stands à partir du 32ème tour. Le rythme des 2 Virgin était donc quasi identique sur le sec. En revanche sur le mouillé Di Grassi était plus rapide car il a pris 13s à Glock pendant les quelques tours avant la SC puis plus de 4s les 3 tours après la SC.

Passons au comparatif Lotus / Virgin.
Trulli et Di Grassi sont restés sur le même rythme (écart variant de 3/10è à moins de 2s) jusqu’au 22me tour puis Trulli a creusé l’écart régulièrement jusqu’à 19s avant les arrêts aux stands. Pendant ce temps l’écart entre Kova et Di Grassi est quasiment le même entre le 4ème tour et le 33ème tour (avant leur arrêt) soit de 22s à 19s sachant que Kova était plus rapide au début puis a reperdu avant les arrêts (même phénomène qu’avec Trulli).

On voit donc que sur le sec Trulli était le plus rapide au global (entre 16 et 20s), les 3 autres étant dans un mouchoir, Kova légèrement plus vite que Di Grassi (3 petites secondes de reprises) et Glock (moins 4s).

Sous la pluie avant le SC, Di Grassi était le plus rapide en prenant un peu à Kova (moins de 3s) et plus à Trulli (9s) et Glock comme on l’a vu plus haut (13s).
Après la SC, Di Grassi et Kova ont eu le même rythme à 2/10è près devant Trulli à moins de 2s (hors tête à queue bien sûr) et Glock (un peu plus de 4s).
Au global sous la pluie Di Grassi était donc un chouia plus vite que Kova puis vient Trulli et enfin Glock. Je ne sais pas en quels pneus étaient les autres (Inters ?) mais Glock était en Full Wet ce qui pourrait (peut être) expliquer son rythme inférieur sur une piste pas complètement détrempée ? A voir…
On peut quand même noter que Kova a passé Glock sous la pluie au 38ème tour puis Di Grassi au 41ème tour à l’effacement de la SC.

C’est donc très serré entre les 2 équipes avec un léger avantage Lotus sur le sec et un tout petit avantage Virgin sous la pluie. Les qualifs et les départ vont donc être importants sur les prochaines courses et ensuite ce sont plus les circonstances de course et/ou la stratégie qui feront la différence. A moins que les Virgin aient plus d’évos comme ils l’ont dit et qu’elles soient efficaces…
To follow very soon in Monza !

Message par Zelkin Mar Aoû 31, 2010 8:22 pm

Bon j'étais totalement a la rue en parlant de HRT, moins en parlant de Virgin Very Happy

Sinon, pour célébrer mon adoration à ce team, j'ai commandé un polo Lotus Cool

Admin

Message par lotusien Mar Aoû 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Aujourd'hui le jeune Nabil Jeffri était à Hingham pour faire son installation dans la T127. C'est demain qu'il fait les essais aéro en ligne droite. 👅 Il devrait y avoir ensuite des photos et vidéos. Very Happy

Message par Zelkin Mar Aoû 31, 2010 11:42 pm

J'espere que ce n'est pas qu'un coup de pub, que le gamin est vraiment bon Wink

Admin

Message par lotusien Mer Sep 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Zelkin a écrit:J'espere que ce n'est pas qu'un coup de pub, que le gamin est vraiment bon Wink
Jeffri va avoir 17 ans en octobre. C'est le champion de Malaisie et d'Asie en titre en Kart Rotax junior et il a finin 6 ème à la finale mondiale. Cette année, en mars il a dominé la première manche Asie en Senior (pole, victoire dans toutes les manches et en finale).
Parallèlement c'est sa première année en monoplace et il est actuellement 5ème en Formula BMW Asie.
Donc c'est un peu tôt pour juger mais il parait assez doué.

Aujourd'hui il a donc fait les tests aéro ligne droite avec la T127 sur l'aérodrome de Duxford (près de Cambridge). Outre les ingés, Gascoyne, Fauzy et Kova étaient présents. Ils ont fait aussi quelques entrainements aux pit-stops.
Duxford est aussi le siège d'un musée de la guerre et d'un club d'avions anciens ce qui a permis à Gascoyne de faire un tour en biplan des années 30 Very Happy Laughing . Les Spitfire étaient aussi de sortie entre les runs de la T127. mrgreen

Apparemment d'après les quelques photos sur Twitter ils ont essayé les 2 ailerons AR (le classique et le faible appui en vue de Monza) et il me semble (à vérifier, je ne suis pas sûr) qu'il y avait aussi un nouveau splitter et deflecteurs? Plus probablement d'autres choses en vue de 2011...

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 30 Nabil_10

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 30 Nabil_11

[F1] Lotus F1 Racing - Page 30 Nabil_12

Message par lotusien Mer Sep 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Le communiqué officiel des essais aéro d'aujourd'hui

NABIL JEFFRI BECOMES YOUNGEST EVER F1™ TEST DRIVER
Duxford, UK 1st September 2010

The Imperial War Museum runway at Duxford played host to the youngest ever test driver in Formula One™ history today, with 16 year old Nabil Jeffri seeing his F1™ dream come true as he conducted a day of aero testing for Lotus Racing on the museum’s Cambridgeshire runway. Fairuz Fauzy and Heikki Kovalainen were both on hand to lend their advice to the young Malaysian and Nabil, a key member of the AirAsia ASEAN Driver Development programme, completed the day’s testing, and gave the team valuable pitstop practice throughout a busy day on track for the Anglo – Malaysian squad.

Stepping out of the car at the end of the day, Nabil was understandably excited about his day behind the wheel of the T127, saying “I have had an incredible day, one of the best days of my life, and I want to thank Lotus Racing, Tony Fernandes and Mike Gascoyne for giving me the chance to drive their car. I have to admit that the first time I went out it was pretty scary – everyone told me the acceleration would be unbelievable, and the braking would be so much greater than anything I’ve ever experienced, and it took a while to get used to that, but Heikki and Fairuz gave me some advice on how to settle in to it, and after a while I was more comfortable, and was able to get through the day’s plan. It’s such an honour to have had this opportunity, and it’ll be a long time before the excitement wears off, but I’ll keep on working hard to one day join Heikki, Fairuz, Jarno and the rest of the F1™ grid, and with the support of people like Tony and Lotus Racing, I’ve got a great chance of doing so.”

Also at the test was Lotus Racing driver Heikki Kovalainen, who joined the test to give Nabil some invaluable advice: “It’s a great experience for Nabil and it’s really good to see how well he did. He’s obviously very young, and he’ll remember this experience for the rest of his life. When you feel the power of a Formula One™ car for the first time it’s an incredible feeling and I told him to enjoy it, and not get stressed about trying to impress everyone too much. He did a great job today - he quickly picked up the correct procedures, and was working well with the whole team, which is pretty awesome when you think we’ve got the proper race team here today which could have been a bit daunting. It’s also great to see Lotus Racing investing in young talent, and we’re showing that the ladder to success in F1™ is there for anyone, wherever they are in the world, which is pretty cool, however you look at it.”

On hand to oversee the test was Chief Technical Officer Mike Gascoyne, who said “I’m delighted that Nabil has done such a good job and I’d like to thank him for the work he put in today. Aero testing is an important part of the ongoing development of the car, and it’s great that we can give an opportunity to someone as young as Nabil to help us take another step forward. He completed the planned programme, gave clear and precise feedback, and we couldn’t ask any more of him than that. I’m sure this experience will help him take another step forward in his career, and we’ll be keeping a close eye on him to see if what he’s learnt today can help him take that next step up, in performance terms, in the Asian Formula BMW Championship.”

Team Principal Tony Fernandes was keeping a close eye on the day’s proceedings from his office in Malaysia, and said “When I first offered Nabil the chance to drive our car he couldn’t tell if I was joking or not, but I was very serious about giving a young Malaysian the chance to step up to the big time. He’s repaid my faith in him and has performed incredibly well, and that’s a source of real pride for me as he proves what I’ve always believed – keep dreaming, work hard to achieve what other people tell you is impossible, and your dreams will come true. I suspect Nabil will head back to Malaysia with his head spinning from everything that’s happened to him today, but now he can say he’s driven an F1™ car, and that will set his sights at the very top for the rest of his life. Congratulations Nabil – you’re a superstar!”

Ends

Message par lotusien Jeu Sep 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Une courte video de la BBC sur les essais d'hier.

Video BBC essais Duxford aerodrome

Message par lotusien Jeu Sep 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Nextgen
Petronas, de Mercedes GP à Lotus ?
Le pétrolier malaisien étudie cette option

jeudi 2 septembre 2010 - 09h31, par Franck Drui

Petronas a annoncé aujourd’hui avoir signé un nouvel accord pour sponsoriser son Grand Prix national, celui de Malaisie, pour cinq nouvelles années. C’est un partenariat qui dure depuis 1999, année de la première édition de cette course à Sepang, près de Kuala Lumpur.

Petronas indique aussi dans son communiqué qu’elle continuera son investissement en Formule 1 sur le long terme, tout en soutenant la Malaisie. Les rumeurs sont d’ailleurs de plus en plus fortes que Petronas quitte l’équipe Mercedes GP à la fin de cette année pour devenir le sponsor principal de Lotus à partir de 2011.

Lotus est en effet la propriété de Proton, constructeur malaisien, et l’équipe est en discussions avec le pétrolier, pas très satisfait de son association avec Mercedes GP, selon une source d’un membre du marketing chez Mercedes. "Le sponsor n’est pas ravi des performances de la W01 ni même des retombées générées actuellement par son engagement en F1," déclarait-il fin juillet en Hongrie, dans le magazine Sport Auto.

Ce serait à coup sûr un bon apport pour Lotus. J'espère juste, comme on en parle dans le topic sur les transferts, que le team gardera sa livrée actuelle avec juste Petronas en blanc...

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 30 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Suivant